Digital adapter for TMK-708 1984 Portable TV? Really want to know!

DeLorean 2017

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016
Ok, this might not even be possible but I wanted to ask anyway. Is it possible to still watch tv on a TMK-708? Got this at an antique store last week. Radio works. TV works but there is nothing to watch! I ask about this before and someone suggested a digital converter. Would it be possible to do this? Here are some pics of this relic:

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

Probably I can plug in some sort of digital external antennae? I don't know.

Said old relic likely expects analog signals and has no clue of more recent digital ones.
It might work if you plug digital to analog converter in between but.. that is only "might"

Possible problems that might arise even with working converter:
Can it scale the signal (quite likely it cannot and thus either doesn't work or shows only part of the video), old ones were like 240P or 320P now they are running mostly 1080P

DeLorean 2017

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016

I'm not sure. Though if it can, would I be able to plug in the adapter into the external antenna port? Or does it goes somewhere else?

well, the photos are not clear as such if it has separate video input or not. (left side has 4 inputs, I think, which might match ones on this converter)
https://www.amazon.com/IVIEW-3200STB-Multimedia-Converter-Recording-function/dp/B00RDQGBIE/?tag=aboutcom02lifewire2-20

said converter does not output it as "antenna" signal but S-video and HDMI (which you can't use) so if the portable TV doesn't have other inputs than external antenna, then you might be out of luck.
In worst case, the converter doesn't seem to cost too much so buying it to simply test things shouldn't break the bank.