[SOLVED] Digital Audio from MSI Z590i Unify?

Oct 6, 2020
How does one get digital audio out of an Z590i Unify? It does not seem to have enough output connectors. The manual does not show any hookups but the spec claims 7.1 audio? I have just completed a Z590 Ace build and it has a full set of outputs. I want to do a media machine using a much smaller Mini ITX case with no graphic card. I do not see how the digital audio is connected to an external amplifier. I looked at the MSI B560 board but it seems to have the same outputs as the Z590i Unify.

I do video editing on the Ace machine and will be using this smaller machine to play files on a large TV in a different room.

Oct 6, 2020
You could maybe use the HDMI connectors ? These transmit Digital audio.
Does your externat amplifier have HDMI input ?
Take a look here
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/654123-connect-pc-av-receiver-surround-sound
This is quite encouraging. HDMI might provide the solution. I was looking for an optical output and forgot that the HDMI would carry the entire signal to an AV receiver. The receiver would then be connected to the Display.

This would be a silly thing for me to forget but I have not owned a TV since 1996, I am looking forward to being able to watch a movie on a large screen again. Now that I have retired from my job I plan a media room.

Thank you!