Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
maybe this will be a very stupid question , but tbh I have some knowlage when it comes to tech and computers , but when there are more specific things about sound is not with me xD ... so the question is the digital sound on the acer 6930g laptop will only work with certain devices, right ?? I connected my very basic xiaomi earphones to the 3.5 mm jack that support digital audio and only have sound from what windows detect as "speakers ".

PS:The earphones : https://www.pcdiga.com/mobilidade/m...i-mi-in-ear-headphones-basic-pretos-zbw4354ty

Solution
how did u determine that your phone earphones supports digital audio? they appear to be analog
digital audio is done through codecs or pcm (if not encoded), usual connector is either cinch (coaxial cable) or tosslink (optical cable) or hdmi/display port...as far as i know 3.5mm jack doesnt run digital audio
how did u determine that your phone earphones supports digital audio? they appear to be analog
digital audio is done through codecs or pcm (if not encoded), usual connector is either cinch (coaxial cable) or tosslink (optical cable) or hdmi/display port...as far as i know 3.5mm jack doesnt run digital audio

Solution

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
I did not said that the phones are digital audio..., I think they are not in fact because there are not working on digital audio , the question was because of that , to confirm my theory .
I think I understand now , thank you !