Digital Cable Directly to my PC

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I currently have a subscription to digial cable with Comcast.

Is there a way that I can connect the standard co-ax cable to my PC and
then surf through the digital channels without having to use the
Comcast issued decoder box?

Thanks
Bob

Bob wrote:
> I currently have a subscription to digial cable with Comcast.
>
> Is there a way that I can connect the standard co-ax cable to my PC
and
> then surf through the digital channels without having to use the
> Comcast issued decoder box?
>
> Thanks
> Bob

I zink US lAw zese dayz sayz zhat it iz OK to stEal IraQ OiL but a
CriMe to
sTeal hOllYwOOd proDUCTionz

Zank YoUr prezidend

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

eeerrrRRR?

What - hey - I wasn't suggesting... you mean... what? you think I
would copy this digital signal? No, no no my good man. I just want to
watch it on my PC! Gosh the thought of copying this information onto
DVDs, well, that just makes my blood boil ! I would never distribute
copied materials on DVD to my friends who don't have the benefit of
digital cable!

"Bob" <overdrive_68@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> eeerrrRRR?
>
> What - hey - I wasn't suggesting... you mean... what? you think I
> would copy this digital signal? No, no no my good man. I just want to
> watch it on my PC! Gosh the thought of copying this information onto
> DVDs, well, that just makes my blood boil ! I would never distribute
> copied materials on DVD to my friends who don't have the benefit of
> digital cable!

Maybe this one.

http://www.ascully.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=390

The standard TV Tuner cards are only analog.

On a sunny day (11 Feb 2005 13:44:15 -0800) it happened "Bob"
<overdrive_68@yahoo.com> wrote in
<1108158255.709630.131930@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>:

>eeerrrRRR?
>
>What - hey - I wasn't suggesting... you mean... what? you think I
>would copy this digital signal? No, no no my good man. I just want to
>watch it on my PC! Gosh the thought of copying this information onto
>DVDs, well, that just makes my blood boil ! I would never distribute
>copied materials on DVD to my friends who don't have the benefit of
>digital cable!

LOL you are the so honest!
Amazing to meet such a person.
On the other hand it is just zeros and ones, that digital, and they are
not patented.

DO YOU HEAR THAT OVER THERE?
0000000000000 and 111111111111111 are not copyrighted.

Bob wrote:
> I currently have a subscription to digial cable with Comcast.
>
> Is there a way that I can connect the standard co-ax cable to my PC and
> then surf through the digital channels without having to use the
> Comcast issued decoder box?
>
> Thanks
> Bob

have a look at twinhan, they have a digital cable solution

http://www.twinhan.com

no ideas if it works with comcast, but you never know

---
Web: www.sol4.net
Jabber: TheMartian@jabber.org.au
Block List: sol4.net/spam_blocks.shtml