Digital Cameras 4+MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
I have one and have nothing negative to say about it.
The best info you can find is <A HREF="http://www.dpreview.com" target="_new"><b>here</b></A>.

<font color=blue><b>I Harley here, I Harley there, this bear will Harley anywhere.</font color=blue>
:smile: <font color=red>I am the Harley Bear. :smile:

uglyboyjohn

Distinguished
May 9, 2003
Thanks oldbear
I really like the gallery's that show the pictures that the G3 takes over many 5mp models including the Olympus C-5050 Zoom (is a 512mp flash card a good idea?)or is 256mb plenty?

John

Auburn9698

Champion
If the money doesn't matter that much, the choice is easy. Getting the 512 means you can shoot for twice as long without having to transfer images to a laptop or other portable storage device while you're in the field.

<font color=red>Breaking News:</font color=red> God expelled from Netherlands; not good enough. Details to come.
<font color=blue>War</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Eagle</font color=orange>

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
512meg is a good size. I choose 2 - 256meg so I wouldn't have all my eggs in
one basket. At max jpeg res. you can figure on about 2meg per pic.

<font color=blue><b>I Harley here, I Harley there, this bear will Harley anywhere.</font color=blue>

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
I don't own a Canon G3, but it was crowned digital camera of the year '02 in the semi-pro category by a well respectable magazine (can't remember which one). Also, here's one positive <A HREF="http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_g3-review/" target="_new">review</A> that I've found for the G3.

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
This forum isn't too active for cameras so I try to check it now and again to steer folks
to more productive sites for photography. Get a decent camera but remember that the equipment
doesn't make a great photo, the person does.

p0lish

Distinguished
May 25, 2003
Well I own a G3 Canon.
It is simply amazing. I have shopped around for about a month before I purchsed it. It is the best amateur digital camera in the 4MP range. It takes amazing pictures in full auto but the jawbraking, drool-causing photoes come to life when you switch it to manual mode. If any of you would like sample pictures please message me

Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
I heard good things about the G3, but for right now, go with the G5, the Olympus C4040 and C5050 seems to also be good choices, also the new sony V1.
www.dcresource.com
www.dpreview.com
are both excellent sites for digicam research

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS