News Digital Foundry Tests: Xbox One X Games Run Great on Xbox Series X

Giroro

Splendid
Digital Foundry ARE an independent reviewer, and a very reliable one at that.
I didn't call them unreliable. They're extremely reliable.
That's why they get the kinds of access that they do, because they're so reliable.

They test the exact same games using the exact same methodology as the marketing claims. Then they reliably arrive at the exact same results presented by the brand and reliably amplify the exact talking points listed in the NDA they signed to get their access in the first place.
What I called them, accurately, is marketing.
You can be the independent reviewer who buys a product and gives accurate and fair criticism, regardless of what the company wants... or you can be the guy who gets flown out to film exclusive commercials on company property, surrounded by staff, months before the product is even announced. You don't get to be both.

When DF talks about Xbox and Nvidia, they're basically the Star Wars Fanboy "social media influencers" who called Rise of Skywalker the most greatest and perfect movie ever made because Disney flew them out to watch the premiere with the cast. Basically, they enjoyed the gift bag and would very much like to do it again for the next movie.

I really don't understand why anyone would even buy an xbox at this point. Sony is the only platform where games are actually exclusive aside from nintendo. I'm gonna grab a playstation 5 for demon's souls. Plus god of war.
Anything microsoft releases is going to be on PC so it's like. Why even bother.

D

Deleted member 14196

I really don't understand why anyone would even buy an xbox at this point. Sony is the only platform where games are actually exclusive aside from nintendo. I'm gonna grab a playstation 5 for demon's souls. Plus god of war.
That’s just your opinion. I have zero interest in the Sony platform and all the games I like to play are on Xbox so that’s why people bother not everybody is like you. Also most all of Xbox entire library is backwards compatible sorry Sony and Sony’s os interface sucks as well as their network interface sucks. Sony doesn’t automatically back your games up to the cloud another reason to hate them shall I go on? You can be a fan boy all you want just don’t be one around here

Not everyone wants a gaming pc? If you fall into that category the XBox looks a very strong option with its very affordable subscription services which soon will also include EA games.

I really like the cross platform games. I can play Gears 5 on the XBox on my TV or I can play it on my pc and it’s included in my game pass ultimate.

Also most all of Xbox his entire library is backwards compatible sorry Sony and Sony’s in her face sucks as well as their network interface
Well that's just your opinion man, my experience with xbox was two bricked 360s sent back within the warranty and one bricked xbone S that ran hot and the interface lagged WAY more than my ps4.
Plus I'm a PC gamer so I have access to the xbox library already. So. Exclusives. From sony.

D

Deleted member 14196

The Xbox ones did not suffer the fatalities the 360 did those days are long gone and I still have two original Xbox ones in-service playing games daily so they have been ultra super reliable and are still in service and still playing all the games I like

You are a typical fan boy thinks everybody should be like you. And I’ve had two PS4s that failed flat on their face in failure. That doesn’t mean that nobody should ever buy them if you like them great buy them all you want but why make fun of other people who don’t want them?

D

Deleted member 14196

ignoring. I don’t have time for people like this

People should start their own ranting threads instead of coming in and 💩 all over everybody else

Nearly all of those games are campaign type games. Alot of people only play competitive multiplayer games which is the same between consoles. The S is $100 cheaper which will be more enticing to parents. $300 is already a big ask for christmas, let alone $400 or $500. Add to that the $25/mo or $35/mo financing option which includes xbox live and game pass, means parents can get an xbox under the tree plus not have to buy any games because it comes with a library of games on christmas morning. That makes it very enticing.

IMO the $400 playstation is the best value among all the consoles. You get the full level graphics and more storage for $100 more than the S. But some people are going to struggle to get the $300 for the S, let alone $400.

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

Wait - so, are you making the argument that people will choose a console simply because there are games on it that will also exist on other platforms?

Am I misreading something here?

Wait - so, are you making the argument that people will choose a console simply because there are games on it that will also exist on other platforms?

Am I misreading something here?
I think- My point was that PC gamers don't need to buy an xbox to play xbox games, as they are gonna be on PC anyways.
So if a PC gamer was to get a console, it would be the console with the games that aren't available on PC ya feel me?

I think- My point was that PC gamers don't need to buy an xbox to play xbox games, as they are gonna be on PC anyways.
So if a PC gamer was to get a console, it would be the console with the games that aren't available on PC ya feel me?

Yea, Halo Infinite is going to be on PC at launch and that's probably their best exclusive property. But what I like about xbox is that microsoft is shooting for crossplay between PC and Xbox, to create a larger gaming community. Since the next gen consoles will have PC level graphics for the first time, instead of always being behind, I'm hoping microsoft allows people to plug in a keyboard and mouse to compete against PC players. But still give the option to play against only controllers like they do in fortnite.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
If you want 4k 60FPS like the review showed sure but most PC gamers are on 1080 because they are just a few inches away from their screens instead of several feet.
60 FPS at 1080 is much much cheaper to do.

for FHD , there is the Xbox series S for only $299 .. forget it , you cant match this Generation console

Last edited:

Like sizzling said above, the subscription service meaning no big monetary outlay and a plethora of virtually free games still make it enticing.

I've owned a gaming pc for years but also virtually every console aswell apart from the ps4.

I'll probably plump for the series x subscription service too to be honest even running a solid ryzen 7 and 5700xt setup.

Like sizzling said above, the subscription service meaning no big monetary outlay and a plethora of virtually free games still make it enticing.

I've owned a gaming pc for years but also virtually every console aswell apart from the ps4.

I'll probably plump for the series x subscription service too to be honest even running a solid ryzen 7 and 5700xt setup.
Yeah I mean I might even hop for the subscription for PC depending what comes with it. Personally I've bought and sold 2 ps4's once for bloodborne and once for red dead redemption 2, so I'm used to having a console for just one game.
This case, demon's souls.