Digital questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

1. How much does a fuji frontier machine crop off a 6x4" print? If I
create a 6x4" jpeg file at 288 DPI and print it on a frontier, it will
crop it by around 5mm all around. Has anybody else experienced this?
Should I add a 5mm margin inside the frame from now one?

2. Is there any software that can fit 4 images onto a 6x4" print for
the purpose of printing 3x2" thumbnails onto 6x4"s? The images will be
sourced from a directory and saved with new names.

3. You know the image preview application that comes with windows XP -
I want a browser program like that that has a histogram display. That
would be ideal for me to pick the best images for printing. (if
irfanview or acdsee does it I don't care - I hate those apps! sorry)

"it hates me" <kingdomoftonga@gmail.com> wrote in message
> 1. How much does a fuji frontier machine crop off a 6x4" print? If I
> create a 6x4" jpeg file at 288 DPI and print it on a frontier, it will
> crop it by around 5mm all around. Has anybody else experienced this?
> Should I add a 5mm margin inside the frame from now one?
>
> 2. Is there any software that can fit 4 images onto a 6x4" print for
> the purpose of printing 3x2" thumbnails onto 6x4"s? The images will be
> sourced from a directory and saved with new names.
>
> 3. You know the image preview application that comes with windows XP -
> I want a browser program like that that has a histogram display. That
> would be ideal for me to pick the best images for printing. (if
> irfanview or acdsee does it I don't care - I hate those apps! sorry)

Can't help with the first question, but BreezeBrowser will display a
histogram (http://www.breezesys.com). Qimage should be able to do #2
(http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/). You can download trial versions of
both packages.

Mark

"it hates me" <kingdomoftonga@gmail.com> wrote in message
> 1. How much does a fuji frontier machine crop off a >6x4" print? If I
> create a 6x4" jpeg file at 288 DPI and >print it on a frontier, it will
> crop it by around 5mm all >around.

Try 305dpi instead. It's what frontiers print at.

Marvin

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

it hates me wrote:
> 1. How much does a fuji frontier machine crop off a 6x4" print? If I
> create a 6x4" jpeg file at 288 DPI and print it on a frontier, it will
> crop it by around 5mm all around. Has anybody else experienced this?
> Should I add a 5mm margin inside the frame from now one?
>
> 2. Is there any software that can fit 4 images onto a 6x4" print for
> the purpose of printing 3x2" thumbnails onto 6x4"s? The images will be
> sourced from a directory and saved with new names.
>
> 3. You know the image preview application that comes with windows XP -
> I want a browser program like that that has a histogram display. That
> would be ideal for me to pick the best images for printing. (if
> irfanview or acdsee does it I don't care - I hate those apps! sorry)

Paint Shop Pro will work for items 2 and 3. You can make a new canvas with 6X4
proporions, paste four images onto that canvas, and then save as a new image. PSP shows
histograms.