Digital Storm Claims X17E is World's Fastest Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I dunno... in my experience mobile versions of cpu's and graphics generally provide pretty poor gaming performance. I kindof expected to find out they'd shoehorned a desktop chipset into the thing (which would give you great gaming performance but likely about 30 seconds of battery life).

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
it seems cheap to me as a laptop with those specs (8 gb ram)and gadgets (BR) and no solid state and a lower tier gpu cost like 1200

Johmama

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
When they get to the specs of the "Ultimate" version, my jaw was on the ground. That's pretty crazy that they put that in a laptop. Now, the price-tag is a little ridiculous when compared to a desktop so I won't be making the transition to this. It would be great to get an awesome gaming laptop like this because I like to go over to my friend's house sometimes with my current laptop and game. It's only 3 years old, but it has an integrated GPU so it can't push too many games really far.

For battery issues: Is anyone who is going to actually sit down and take advantage of these specs going to NOT plug it in during this gaming session? I think the point is, yeah, it's a laptop so you can take it anywhere, but when you're going to be hardcore gaming, you'll probably plug it in anyway.

victorious 3930k

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Can't believe the people that thumbed down my comment. This is utter lies. "I amz digital ztormz fanboiz zo ill thum don dis true commnt"

I'll stay at OCN from now on.

G

@victorious 3930k

.......I'll stay at OCN from now on.

hurry up its getting late....they are waiting whith plenty of tissues,diapers and milkbottles...

G

...anyway ,what does the ortodox network church has to do with what you posed and the Op?

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
So Tom, how much did Digital Storm pay you to "report" this? I remember hearing about a laptop, I think it was from Clevo, that had a desktop i7 3960X and dual 680Ms or 7970Ms. Pretty sure that is faster.

tivatar

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
[citation][nom]ram1009[/nom]I will never understand HOW anybody can enjoy playing games on a laptop. They're just a pain to do anything on let alone something you're trying to enjoy.[/citation]

Get a job that does some traveling. Full-on gaming laptops are never about the battery, comfort, raw power, or hexa-monitor Crysis 5 on ultra-nova-face-melter settings. They're always about being mobile and still managing to enjoy the latest games or movies with the eye candy turned up higher than Wii levels.

Just the 2 cents from someone who's spent a few minutes in the sand box with nothing more than a spank tank to call my own.

uglynerdman

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
im starting to dislike toms hardware ALOT their last gaming review costed over 2k, had only a 650m and had equal batterylife and worst fps compared to a Clevo or msi with a generic 670m and the entry i7quad mobile. I feel like toms is really selling out. i mean wtf... they dont even know their hardware anymore.

victorious 3930k

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]So Tom, how much did Digital Storm pay you to "report" this? I remember hearing about a laptop, I think it was from Clevo, that had a desktop i7 3960X and dual 680Ms or 7970Ms. Pretty sure that is faster.[/citation]
Nicely played. I post this first, 5 thumbs down. You post this, 77 thums up. I'm outta here.

TeamKennedy

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Its weird, most "Gaming" Laptops are about a year or two behind Desktops (In specifications) but this one seems right up to date. Although, the processor seems like an unusual choice.

G

@fuzzion, looks like a clevo barebones chassis rebranded to me dude.

i have no clue why people want a gaming laptop. they always run super hot, no way to really modify them to your liking, and far more likely to drop them or to get it stolen.

a kid i went to class with spent 2000+ on a alienware i7 laptop and hes had nothing but problems. first his mobo went then the cpu went from running so hot. atleast he smartened up and is building a desktop. i mean for a grand you can build a good gaming computer from scratch. i mean i just spent about 650 on my build including 2 hdds in raid 0. could use a better graphics card tho for bf3

Status
Not open for further replies.