Digital Storm Unveils Aventum With Custom Cryo-TEC Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismaeljrp

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]fracture[/nom]....I'd build it myself and save a few grand.[/citation]

I dare you to custome build the exact same thing. And I do mean everything, Case, Cryo-tec cooling , craftsmanship....then I'd believe you.

[citation][nom]Classzero[/nom]Ah ha ha ha, an people complain about the apple tax.[/citation]
There is no comparison. You don't have to buy this to have a Windows PC, even a powerful one for that matter. This is boutique building that can be avoided.
You, however, have to buy an Apple system to have a MacOS PC, that means you can not avoid the Apple tax.
It's all a matter of options, like having options or not having options.
Besides, this looks way better than any Apple computer you can think of...

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
They won't just sell the cooling since its custom made and engineered in their own company. You wouldn't find anything close to this on newegg or other sites unless your willing to dish out about 1000$ to 2000$ to get a similar one but not even remotely close to what they use for cooling system.

vakuma5000

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Here's the deal... If I was a millionaire, I would buy one of these. But not for the typical reasons... I would buy one so I can take it apart and find out what they used for cooling/case. Then I'd see how much I can save (per PC) by building three more for my millionaire ultimate gaming room. I like building gaming rigs, and even if I was rich I'd still build them myself.

spidey81

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
This certainly has my curiosity piqued. Not sure why they need rads with a TEC. Ambient temp is gonna be higher than the coolant and air the fans blow will essentially heat it up. That and I'd like to see how they deal with the problem of condensation from below freezing temps.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Just went shopping on newegg, and for price of a "Level 1", you can get same Mobo/CPU/ram, a bigger PSU, same SSD, a blu-ray instead of crappy dvd drive, corsair 800D fulltower case and THREE 580 GTX 3GB models w/ watercooling block.

Throw in a $300-$400 watercooling setup to cool all the GPUs and CPU and you got yourself a completely watercooled system that would perform at the same speeds of a "Digital storm lvl 4", for about half the price lol.

Well, if you got the money and can't do the work yourself, sweet systems I guess lol.

87ninefiveone

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
No joke, TEC's actually cost about $10/ea. I realize that there's some custom design and fabrication/manufacturing to pay for here, but the price tag is still ridculous. The only thing that's really unique here is the custom software, and franklly it's probably no more advanced than a plain old temperature PID controller with some custom zones added. Cool (ahahahaha), but pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.