Digital Storm vs. Maingear

stevenmi89

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Hello,

I've searched the forums and found some thoughts about both companies. But, I figured I'd ask again.

Has anyone bought a computer from these two companies? Which would you suggest is better? I like the Digital Storm Bolt II, but Maingear (Looking at the Potenza) seems to have less complaints filed from the BBB. Although they both have A+ ratings.

I am more concerned with reliability and customer service should something go wrong than with price. Obviously, they both charge a premium.

Please don't say build my own. I'm sure its cheaper, but I don't have time. More power to the people that do.

Also, if you have another company that you recommend, please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Falcon Northwest if you have truly a lot of money to (over)spend.

But the two you listed are well known.

While I haven't bought from Maingear, I have a while ago from DigitalStorm. My experience with them is that their customer service is superb. I spoke to Carlos, if he still works there, when I had any inquiries or anything. Shipping was great, nothing was dented or came loose in the process (but I live ~6 hours away from them). While they only give a certain selection of parts on their page, you can always call them and request that certain parts be used (PSU would be a good example as some of them use CX units, or if you have a specific GPU you want). The computer is still running strong. No BSODs since day one, and has never had...

enemy1g

Honorable
Falcon Northwest if you have truly a lot of money to (over)spend.

But the two you listed are well known.

While I haven't bought from Maingear, I have a while ago from DigitalStorm. My experience with them is that their customer service is superb. I spoke to Carlos, if he still works there, when I had any inquiries or anything. Shipping was great, nothing was dented or came loose in the process (but I live ~6 hours away from them). While they only give a certain selection of parts on their page, you can always call them and request that certain parts be used (PSU would be a good example as some of them use CX units, or if you have a specific GPU you want). The computer is still running strong. No BSODs since day one, and has never had any issues. i5-2500k @4.6 GHz, and it's been stable since I've bought it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS