Dimension 2100 - how noisy?

Hi,

a friend of mine needs a new PC, and I found a Dim2100 at Ebay. How
noisy is it? I only know several P4 Dimensions, they are all really
quiet. And: is the power supply ATX standard, or Dell standard?

Olaf

"Olaf Zaplinski" <spamtrap34786-jan2005@fortytwo.eu.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> a friend of mine needs a new PC, and I found a Dim2100 at Ebay. How noisy
> is it? I only know several P4 Dimensions, they are all really quiet. And:
> is the power supply ATX standard, or Dell standard?
>
> Olaf

The Dim2100 (and 2200) are odd birds of a sort. They're otherwise known as
the Dimension L in a black case.

The cooling fan should be fine, inasmuch as it's mounted directly onto the
heatsink rather than the back vent of the chassis itself. I don't ever
recall reading of anyone posting with noise issues on that model - but
that's anecdotal evidence.

I would assume the 2100 to be a Dell-proprietary power supply/connection
system unless someone who owns one can say otherwise. If memory serves, the
changeover to standard ATX power supply either occurred with the 2200 or
most definitely with the 2300 model.

The 2100 used a 145w PS not unlike most of the Dimension L systems:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim2100/specs.htm#power

hth

Stew