dimension 2400 with sound card

Jim

If I order a 2400 with Dell's sound card (Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 (D)
Card) and use with a Hitachi Flat Panel (model: CML 175SXWB) I wonder
if the built in speakers will sound that much better with the sound
card ? Also if I don't get the sound card, how does the speakers in
the flat panel connect to the intergrated sound card on the Dell? If
I recall the Flat Panel has a cable hooking up the speakers to the
sound card.

David

Jim wrote in message news:<rf4lg09b6p2lesqsr74p0anft8omu4gaas@4ax.com>...
> If I order a 2400 with Dell's sound card (Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 (D)
> Card) and use with a Hitachi Flat Panel (model: CML 175SXWB) I wonder
> if the built in speakers will sound that much better with the sound
> card ? Also if I don't get the sound card, how does the speakers in
> the flat panel connect to the intergrated sound card on the Dell? If
> I recall the Flat Panel has a cable hooking up the speakers to the
> sound card.

The integrated and separate sound card hook up to the speakers
exactly the same way. With the speakers you are talking about
I don't think it would make much difference either way.
You can always add a sound card later anyway.. Hope this helps.
Dave

The integrated sound card is quite good. For speakers in a monitor, the
integrated audio is better than that quality of the speakers. Even a decent
2.1 speaker set is good on the integrated audio.

Tom

"David" <davids165@juno.com> wrote in message
> Jim wrote in message news:<rf4lg09b6p2lesqsr74p0anft8omu4gaas@4ax.com>...
>> If I order a 2400 with Dell's sound card (Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 (D)
>> Card) and use with a Hitachi Flat Panel (model: CML 175SXWB) I wonder
>> if the built in speakers will sound that much better with the sound
>> card ? Also if I don't get the sound card, how does the speakers in
>> the flat panel connect to the intergrated sound card on the Dell? If
>> I recall the Flat Panel has a cable hooking up the speakers to the
>> sound card.
>
> The integrated and separate sound card hook up to the speakers
> exactly the same way. With the speakers you are talking about
> I don't think it would make much difference either way.
> You can always add a sound card later anyway.. Hope this helps.
> Dave

I agree. The speakers are the issue here and not the integrated or PCI
sound.

Stew

The built-in speakers will sound the same no matter what sound card you buy.

The speakers connect to your computer with a wire that comes with the
monitor, or you can buy one at Radio Shack for a dollar or two.

Ted Zieglar
formerly "Rocket J. Squirrel"

<Jim> wrote in message news:rf4lg09b6p2lesqsr74p0anft8omu4gaas@4ax.com...
> If I order a 2400 with Dell's sound card (Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 (D)
> Card) and use with a Hitachi Flat Panel (model: CML 175SXWB) I wonder
> if the built in speakers will sound that much better with the sound
> card ? Also if I don't get the sound card, how does the speakers in
> the flat panel connect to the intergrated sound card on the Dell? If
> I recall the Flat Panel has a cable hooking up the speakers to the
> sound card.

Jim

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:25:52 -0500, Jim wrote:

>If I order a 2400 with Dell's sound card (Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 (D)
>Card) and use with a Hitachi Flat Panel (model: CML 175SXWB) I wonder
>if the built in speakers will sound that much better with the sound
>card ? Also if I don't get the sound card, how does the speakers in
>the flat panel connect to the intergrated sound card on the Dell? If
>I recall the Flat Panel has a cable hooking up the speakers to the
>sound card.

Thanks for the info guys. Appreciate your replies.