Dimension 8400 BIOS A07 released

It says right on the page that the difference from A06 is "prevent boot
issues when USB devices with media readers are present".

"Rod Bean" <rodbean@invalid.com> wrote in message

> Thanks. Anyone know what's new in it? Couldn't find any info on the Dell
> site.

bryan

Wonder what that means. I have an 8400, and leave my Compact Flash reader
plugged in all the time. I occasionally, (25-33% of the time) have strange
things while booting, like a minuet long pause on the black screen before
the windows mouse appears, or a BSOD with some mumbo jumbo about something,
nothing a hard reboot doesn't fix.

I'd say I should try it, but the problems are so rare it's kinda like it
ain't broke, don't fix it.

Bryan