Dimension D600 SpeedStep utility for XP?

I've recently upgraded to XP SP2 (dunno if that has anything to do
with it), and have just noticed that my SpeedStep utility is showing a
maximum of around 600 or 800MHz on my 1.8GHz processor. I've got it
set to dynamic performance, and can max out the CPU, but it never
(seems to) speed up.

Is something broken, or do I need an upgraded SpeedStep utility (and
if so from where)?

Thanks!

William P.N. Smith wrote:
>I've recently upgraded to XP SP2 (dunno if that has anything to do
>with it), and have just noticed that my SpeedStep utility is showing a
>maximum of around 600 or 800MHz on my 1.8GHz processor. I've got it
>set to dynamic performance, and can max out the CPU, but it never
>(seems to) speed up.

Solved it by removing the SpeedStep utility. Apparently XP SP2
handles SpeedStep properly all by itself.