Dimensions of Xiggy S1283...bottom to first fin...

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Anybody know this? Looking at some northbridge heatsinks and space is limited, need to know how much clearance I have before I get to the bottom/first fin on the Xiggy. All attempts to contact Xigmatek have failed.

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
mine measures approximately 145mm from top to bottom (ie, NOT the base to the top of the fins)

btw, doesnt even reach the NB of my P45.

balloonshark

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
Here is the quote from the review.

The Xigmatek HDT-S1283 heatsink stands 160mm tall, the fin is 35mm above the CPU socket for clearance of adjacent capacitors, northbridge heatsinks, etc.

Like I said, On my SD964, it is 35mm from the very bottom of the heatsink as in the flat heatpipes to the first lower fin. I also have a S1283, but it's installed and a little hard to get to with 2 fans hanging on it. I'm willing to bet it's 35mm also.

Here's another quote from X-bit labs. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/thermalright-xigmatek_6.html

There is over 40 millimeters from the mainboard to the bottommost plate of the heatsink and the cooler’s base is compact, just like its fastening mechanism. It means the cooler won’t interfere with the mainboard’s around-the-socket components.

The 40mm would be 35mm plus the height of the CPU socket/CPU.