Question DiplayPort and HDMI ?

Mar 11, 2023
I have Gtx 1060 3gb and Lg24 144hz. The thing is i wanted to do a dual monitor setup. So i plugged in dp in lg monitor and hdmi is the second monitor(simple monitor 60hz). So my main monitor didn't start it showed no signal. But my 60hz monitor started. Then i unplugged hdmi n put in the main 144hz monitor. The monitor started while the input was on dp and display port was inserted in it. It had a bad screen like a glitchy but when i removed hdmi the monitor started fluttering and flashing. Then i again inserted hdmi it was okay? I am not getting whats wrong (my monitor ports or my GPU ports)? Help me with this one please.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please mention both panel's make and model, is this one of your panels;
https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-24GL600F-B-gaming
?

Perhaps try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your build, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver sourced off of Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Mar 11, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please mention both panel's make and model, is this one of your panels;
https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-24GL600F-B-gaming
?

Perhaps try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your build, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver sourced off of Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

LG 24'' UltraGear™ FHD 144Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor with FreeSync™ (24GL600F-B) | LG USA
Yes this monitor.

Antec Atom V450 450Watts Non-Modular Gaming Power Supply (2 years)

i ll do the ddu thing but i am not sure about my monitor ports. What if they are gone?

YES
YES
YES
So I take it the behavior is:
  • Other monitor works fine on something else
  • Behavior is the same with different cables
  • Behavior is the same with different montiors
One other thing that popped up in my head is if the monitors and PC are on the same... for lack of a better phrase and it's not entirely correct... circuit. Like are they all plugged into a single power strip/surge protector or is one of them on something else? Theory is you might have a ground loop which may be causing signal interference.

Mar 11, 2023
So I take it the behavior is:
  • Other monitor works fine on something else
  • Behavior is the same with different cables
  • Behavior is the same with different montiors
One other thing that popped up in my head is if the monitors and PC are on the same... for lack of a better phrase and it's not entirely correct... circuit. Like are they all plugged into a single power strip/surge protector or is one of them on something else? Theory is you might have a ground loop which may be causing signal interference.

Both Monitors and PC in same surge protector/ spike guard. Now tell me what should i do?

As a little sidenode: Have you changed the source on the monitor?

Does the 1060 have multiple DP outputs? My 1060 6GB has 3 of them, might be worth just plugging it into a different port.
(...)
So i plugged in dp in lg monitor and hdmi is the second monitor(simple monitor 60hz). So my main monitor didn't start it showed no signal.
(...)
This alone seems like the graphics card isn't sending any signal to the monitor. You obviously have to check in Windows/NVCP that both monitors are active.
Usually the outputs have some sort of priority and it would only display on the output with the highest priority unless you tell it otherwise. Sounds like in that setup the HDMI is higher than the DP you used.
If both monitors have both inputs you could also simply connect them the other way around.

Mar 11, 2023
As a little sidenode: Have you changed the source on the monitor?

Does the 1060 have multiple DP outputs? My 1060 6GB has 3 of them, might be worth just plugging it into a different port.

This alone seems like the graphics card isn't sending any signal to the monitor. You obviously have to check in Windows/NVCP that both monitors are active.
Usually the outputs have some sort of priority and it would only display on the output with the highest priority unless you tell it otherwise. Sounds like in that setup the HDMI is higher than the DP you used.
If both monitors have both inputs you could also simply connect them the other way around.
one monitor has hdmi and other monitor has one hdmi n one dp. gpu has one dvi one hdmi and dp. dvi to hdmi cable was giving bad quality on my other monitor so i ordered dp and switched hdmi to second monitor (60hz one)

Last edited: