DIR-655, Same ports, multiple IPs

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Hey guys,

My internet is running through a D-Link DIR-655 router at home it's giving me some problems at the moment.

Me and my roomie both play World of Warcraft and we both have to have the ports open for updates, and it won't let me.

It will only let me open the ports for 1 IP, if i try to open it for more it 'conflicts' which is bullshit since it's only passing through the port in the router, it's not dedicated to one IP.

What do I do?

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
UPnP verifies the integrity of every package that goes through the router.. If you open ports that you know are used for programs you use, it doesn't have to.

I know UPnP is a solution, but it is not what I am looking for. My original question still stands.

EDIT: Also, sometimes the verification is wrong and there is a loss in packages.

it will not work since on the DIR-655 an external port can only have a one-to-one relation to an internal port via port forwarding.

does the router support Port Triggering? if so try that instate of port forwarding

otherwise using UPnP is the only way I was able to get it to work

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Thanks a lot.

It didn't come to mind as there was no menu named port triggering(opposed to DD-WRT firmware).

I made a quick google and found out that Application Rules was what i was looking for.

Best answer well deserved, too bad i can't give it... I don't know why this section of the forum can't produce best answers.