Question Direct Connection: Modem to Wifi Mesh Network

Jun 7, 2021
Wondering if the following plan is feasible: Direct connection from modem to wifi primary mesh node (e.g. eero or google nest) --> Direction connection from primary node to PC.

I'm looking to obtain a direct internet connection to my pc without having to purchase a separate router (the mesh network should now serve that function).

Any issues with this plan? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

popatim

Titan
Direct connection to me means hardwired so I'm confused by the question.
Mesh networks usually have 1 that is the main , usually called the 'router' that has a hardwired connection to the ISP modem/router. The other mesh units are just access points (AP's) and don't typically have ethernet jacks. (Nest endpoints do not, Eero apparently does) They talk back to the main router via another wifi signal. You'll limited by the speed of the AP talking back to the main mesh Router/gateway but don't worry, even if the AP's use wifi to talk back to the router the speeds are very fast now.

Jun 7, 2021
Direct connection to me means hardwired so I'm confused by the question.
Mesh networks usually have 1 that is the main , usually called the 'router' that has a hardwired connection to the ISP modem/router. The other mesh units are just access points (AP's) and don't typically have ethernet jacks. (Nest endpoints do not, Eero apparently does) They talk back to the main router via another wifi signal. You'll limited by the speed of the AP talking back to the main mesh Router/gateway but don't worry, even if the AP's use wifi to talk back to the router the speeds are very fast now.

@popatim Thanks for your response. Sorry for the confusion, yes I am implying hard-wired connection when I say "direct". Can the "router" mesh unit have a hard-wired "downstream" connection to a PC so you don't lose the hard-wired internet speeds? So wired connection modem to "router" mesh and the second ethernet port on the mesh would go to the pc. Thank you.