direct X support question

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorahoffmann

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
sense my computer supports up too diretx 10, does that mean i can play any game that has that support or should i stick to looking at the specs before installing?

Solution
Not far. What are you saying is a bit like, "my car has four wheels, can I win if I take it to the race track?" DX support is but one thing that's needed. To continue the car analogy, you also need a good transmission, low weight, a powerful engine, etc. Just having four wheels isn't going to win the race/play the game.

ALWAYS look to the specs.. This new game needs a better GFX card or more RAM or a better CPU or or or. That is but one part of the minimum-recommended spec. list. Worse than baseball. One strike and...

trevorahoffmann

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016

thanks for replying so fast. its an old laptop that has an integrated gpu. it supports up too dx 10. its a HP g62 core I3 M 330. ya its old. just wondering how far i can push it as gaming goes.

4745454b

Titan
Not far. What are you saying is a bit like, "my car has four wheels, can I win if I take it to the race track?" DX support is but one thing that's needed. To continue the car analogy, you also need a good transmission, low weight, a powerful engine, etc. Just having four wheels isn't going to win the race/play the game.

Solution
Not very far. With an entry level dual core i3(in a laptop makes it worse :() About the only possible upgrade is your RAM. I think you have 4. If you buy a new 8GB kit it might game better. I routinely exceed 4GB of RAM when gaming. It may not be a LOT better but that 4GB is a very low amount of RAM these days.

i would say we need more specs like what kind of GPU it has but its an i3 CPU which is really old and too weak to play any popular games

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS