directed, undirected, illegal??

michal

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2004

According to rulebook directed actions are actions targeting cards
that belong to OTHER player.
Now, there are some action cards that include(D) symbol in text
specyfing that they are directed actions, for example:
RED LIST - Requires a ready, titled, non-Red List vampire. (D) Choose
a ready ally or a ready younger vampire. The chosen minion becomes Red
List. That minion may not attempt to block this action.
my question is: Can j target with this action one of my minions?? if
so is it then directed or undirected action??

Any (D) action directed at one of your minions is considered an
undirected action.

Andrew

daleaw@iinet.net.au wrote:
> Any (D) action directed at one of your minions is considered an
> undirected action.

Note, though, that you're never allowed to enter combat with one of your
own minions. You cannot, for instance, Bum's Rush your own minion.

--Colin McGuigan

On 3 Apr 2005 13:54:57 -0700, rweind@poczta.onet.pl (Michal) wrote:

>According to rulebook directed actions are actions targeting cards
>that belong to OTHER player.

>Now, there are some action cards that include(D) symbol in text
>specyfing that they are directed actions, for example:

>RED LIST - Requires a ready, titled, non-Red List vampire. (D) Choose
>a ready ally or a ready younger vampire. The chosen minion becomes Red
>List. That minion may not attempt to block this action.

>my question is: Can j target with this action one of my minions??

Yes.

>if so is it then directed or undirected action??

Any action you take that targets a minion you control (or any other
card you control) is an undirected action.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

why cannot bum's rush my own minions? i suppose that be a especific
rule, but if someone could explain me please...

the caseis "i wanna rush my own minion to burn charmas the imp"

thanks

In message <aeb9f712.0504031254.6a10219@posting.google.com>, Michal
<rweind@poczta.onet.pl> writes:
>Now, there are some action cards that include(D) symbol in text
>specyfing that they are directed actions, for example:

The (D) is reminder text to indicate that the action is usually directed
against someone else's minion.

That is, even without the (D) symbol, Bum's Rush would still be a
directed action when taken against a minion controlled by another
Methuselah. (Which would be all the time, due to the built-in
restriction.)

What determines the directedness (or not) of the action is the target,
not the presence of the (D). Any time you take an action against
something of yours, it's an undirected action. Whenever you target
cards someone else controls (e.g. a rush), something in their
uncontrolled region (e.g. Memory's Fading Glimpse), their pool (any
bleed card) or their hand (e.g. Revelations), it's a directed action.

But not their ash heap - that's an undirected action. That's always
struck me as a bit meh, but not a big deal.

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and

In message <1112590633.657965.238650@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Mr_Wyrm (AKA Pentex)" <shaitan.baali@gmail.com> writes:
>why cannot bum's rush my own minions? i suppose that be a especific
>rule, but if someone could explain me please...

Because there is, as you say, a specific rule preventing this.

6.4. Combat

Combat results when a minion blocks the action of a ready
minion. Also, some cards' effects may cause combat. Whatever
caused the combat, it is important to remember that only ready
minions can participate in combat and that your minions cannot
^^^^ ^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^
enter combat with any of your other minions.
^^^^^ ^^^^^^ ^^^^ ^^^ ^^ ^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^^^
Combat, in general, is supposed to be potentially hazardous, and certain
cards which trigger based on (e.g.) burning the opposing vampire would
be quite a bit less risky this way. Consider being able to burn a Red
List vampire you controlled during combat (not even a (D) action!) to
get the HOT HOT Trophies.

Additionally, the game has a reasonably standard flow of
aggressor/defender being with different Methuselahs - taking an action
and blocking; combat; pro-vote and anti-vote (typically speaking).

You cannot ever intentionally enter combat against a minion you control
(so Bum's Rushing them is out). If you ever find yourself in combat
with a minion you control (e.g. burning the counters on a Temptation),
the combat irrevocably terminates immediately.