DirectX 11.2 an Xbox One and Windows 8.1 Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
I understand about wanting to have exclusivity on technologies to force people to upgrade. I can even understand bringing the new tech exclusively to the console but to lock out 90% of your customer base is an idiotic move on Microsoft's part. Ballmer for the lose. When does Bill recognize this man is kill his kingdom?

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Bill Gates won't do naything with MS. Anymore. He has found other interests and unless MS. starts doing a complete nose dive you won't see any involment on his behalf.

Stimpack

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013

You should realize that a lot of this has to do with old console hardware holding back the industry. We will probably see more support for stuff like this in the next generation.

bernardv

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
DX11.2? I bet you'll have to read a 10 page article before you're able to notice any difference vs DX11, on a static screen capture using an enlarged picture segment.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
STOP FORCING USERS TO UPGRADE THEIR OS TO UPGRADE DX AND IE.

It creates HUGE development roadblocks because we have to continue supporting legacy systems and can't use new features. As long as people continue to use XP we have to support IE8 which means we can't use HTML5 or CSS3 because IE8 doesn't support it.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
@ Koga: So what? It's not like you can't use other browser on XP. IE8 should be dead and buried. And I don't see it that big of a deal.

In Next-gen we will see games really taking advantage of DX11 and maybe then we'll see the benefits of 11.2

DirectX9.0c was released in 2004 and games started REALLY using it by 2007.

turboflame

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Once again Microsoft holds back gaming progress in order to make an OS look more appealing. One of the big reasons why it took forever to see DX10 games is that it was a feature only available on Vista.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
LOL MS tryied this before with DX 10 and Vista. Look at how that worked for them then. The same will happen to Win 8. hopefully this will get Devs to use OpenGL instead.

toddybody

Distinguished
Errr...I must be totally missing the point of those [lame] tech demos. "3GB of data"? For the entire simulator or just the textures? How is pushing application data to system memory a new thing?

Calm your tits everyone.

This is expected, it is called marketing and if a certain company can't provide anything 'spectacular' over the other companies, then it is doomed. DirectX 11.2 will surely drag more users towards Xbox One and Windows 8.1. I look forward to this.

And BTW. more and and games does take advantage of DirectX 11. Even more games will, as the upcoming consoles will feature DirectX 11 capable GPUs. So saying the DirectX 11 isn't used? Shame on you, seems as if you don't even know what effects it provides.

Making DX10 tied to Vista didn't help at all, MS... Why you never learn from your stupid mistakes? =/

This won't boost Win8.1 sales AT ALL.

I'll wait, patiently, until you do the same as with IE10. You guys can't be THAT stupid, for crying out loud =/

Cheers!

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
"To making Windows The best gaming platform"?! Really? I call bull. Where are the AAA titles... oh yeah, they are ONLY for the 360 or XBO and of course PS3/4.

Microsoft already said "SCREW THE GAMERS" when they stopped making their own games for Windows so I don't know what drugs this guy is taking. Lets see... Gears of War 2-3... Halo 3+ and more... are they out for Windows Anything? Answer: NO!

I'm going PS4 for my gaming needs. And Linux for my computing needs. Screw you Microsoft! A bunch of no-talent middle-management retards.

1zacster

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2012

Those situations aren't entirely the same, though the point is still valid. At first IE was a marketing gimmick to upgrade but at this point it just isn't worth it to support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.