Mohanad9555

Commendable
Feb 28, 2020
Hello so at first i posted some thread on Tom's hardware about my spec:
GPU:Gigabyte gtx 670 3x winforce OC
CPU:Xeon w3680 3.4GHz
RAM:10 GB ram 1333 Mhz
PSU:625 80 plus bronze
and i was have low fps on some games i tried everything to fix it Literally everything like OC cpu,gpu turn off hyperthreading...ETC
but now i think i know what was the problem is...when i play games that is run with d3d9 (old games and even Modern) and i run at Average 30-60% GPU usage (CPU usage doesn't go up to 35%) and i get fps from 25 to 50 MAX but any other game that uses Direct X 11 or even 12 run so smoothly gpu usage 95-99% and fps more than 75-230...so the question here is how to fix it?
is there is any solution to fix it cause i really want to play this games...
some of games that run with Direct X 9 (Point Blank 45 fps 20% gpu usage-euro truck simulator 2 50-63 fps some times 98% gpu usage but all time 76% usage-Kerbal Space Program Breaking Ground...when i spawn a big rocket or plane the gpu usage to to 30% and 10 fps!)and there is more games but those is the games i need to play but i can't :(
some games that run with Direct X 11 (BeamNG.drive 130 fps ultra settings 99%gpu usage-Grand Theft Auto V ultra settings 78fps 98% gpu usage-Assetto Corsa-VALORANT they run the same 99% gpu usage with more than 190 fps at ultra settings
if anyone know some kind of solution please let me know♥♥

Solution
video shows cpu bottleneck (could be caused by slow drive speed)
cpu create scene, gpu renders it

cpu usage is based on how well game engine is coded, and to some extent how fast drive speed is (if game uses texture streaming without loading it first to ram)

so low cpu usage means: game doesnt take full advantage of your full cpu power
this can be fixed by either recompiling game with more recent intel compiller or by updating game engine code
hi, the issue with low GPU usage is that CPU cant provide enough work for GPU to do
directx9 is a little bit outdated, gpu drivers cant use multi threading to offload some heavy scenes
and games themself probably use just 1-2 cores

u can try disabling hyperthreading, in some games it can help
u can try cpu overclock

cpu usage is based on how well game engine is coded, and to some extent how fast drive speed is (if game uses texture streaming without loading it first to ram)

this can be fixed by either recompiling game with more recent intel compiller or by updating game engine code

Solution

Mohanad9555

Commendable
Feb 28, 2020

Oh ok so to fix the problem of some games just buy a fast drive speed? cause i have a HDD only should i buy ssd ?

Status
Not open for further replies.