DirectX device creation error

Defined tK

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
When I try and play bf3 I get an error saying:

"Failed creating D3D device of at least verion 10.0 on adapter "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M " with driver "Unknown". Error is E_FAIL ("an undetermined error occured").

This is typically caused by not having the minimum required support in the GPU. For NVIDIA GPU's, DirectX 10.0 support is requed."

Yeah so I know that my graphic card can handle the game and DirectX, I played BF3 alot before. Im pretty sure the previous windows update created this error im not sure though. Any help?

I've tried updating my drivers... Ive tryed doing windows updates.

Solution
Hmmmm... Well, if system restore is not an option, then try to uninstall the drivers from Control Panel. It's like another application but should say something like NVIDIA Drivers or similar.

Download first the newest drivers available for your GPU from the URL I told you. If you don't know what kind of GPU you have, let us know.

Also, there are some utilities that could help cleaning the drivers after uninstalling, in case you want to be sure everything is cleaned:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v12-6-0-released-03-17-14-/

See you!

Defined tK

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

No. How do i delete my drivers? uninstall program? And will that mess up my computer?

Defined tK

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

Also I tried installing the graphics drivers that were the same as the ones I already had without deleting the current ones and i blue screened twice.

Defined tK

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

sorry one last thing. I tried to do system restore but I cant restore far back enough.

SRGm8

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014
Hmmmm... Well, if system restore is not an option, then try to uninstall the drivers from Control Panel. It's like another application but should say something like NVIDIA Drivers or similar.

Download first the newest drivers available for your GPU from the URL I told you. If you don't know what kind of GPU you have, let us know.

Also, there are some utilities that could help cleaning the drivers after uninstalling, in case you want to be sure everything is cleaned:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v12-6-0-released-03-17-14-/

See you!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS