DirectX Error Device Removed

renegadeking

Prominent
Feb 3, 2019
Hey Guys

Iv been having a recurring problem with games randomly crashing. Sometimes I get put back to the desktop, others restart my pc altogether.

The odd time I get the DirextX Error Device Removed. Im pretty handy with computers myself but this has been frustrating me for quite some time.

"DirectX function "Dx11Renderer::map" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ('The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occured,"). GPU: "", Driver 41771. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512MB."

All the drivers are fresh and up to date. I have also recently done a clean reinstalling of windows wiping all the drivers as well.

Im running:

i5 4670K
8gb DDR3 Corsair Vengence RAM
GTX 780
Kingston hyperX 120gb (which the game is installed on)
Windows 10 64bit os

Im planning on upgrading in the near future as well but Id like to get to the bottom of this first.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Try this: right click start, left click run, type (regedit) hit enter and this to your windows registry:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

New DWORD 32bit TrdLevel 0

Exactly like that, then restart windows and play games all the time no problems.

This fix has been working for me for as long as I have had an AMD card, there is also if this doesn't work with a Nvidia, (powerlevel) or something other setting you can search for that you can add to windows registry to fix these type of errors, when you are sure there is nothing else wrong with your setup.

renegadeking

Prominent
Feb 3, 2019
Hey man thanks for taking the time to answer.

Iv done exactly what you've said so here's hoping it works. I will test it out playing over the next few days and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again