Dec 18, 2021
I was wanting to play Halo Infinite, and MH RIse on my pc. I have the Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan Z. Halo claims I dont have DirectX12. Rise won't even work right. I have it a wall trying to teach myself how to know what is and isnt a good card. I dropped 1K on what I thought was 12GB of vram only to find out that means it has 6. and now my card isn't doing what i need it to. sometimes my screen will also flash black for 1 second and return to normal. I am new to forums and asking for help like this.
My specs are...
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 46 °C
Summit Ridge 14nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (16-16-16-39)
Motherboard
HP 8309 (AM4) 43 °C
Graphics
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Z (EVGA) 54 °C
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Z (EVGA) 46 °C
SLI Disabled
as far as I am aware I should be able to game in 2K at an OK frame rate.

Solution
The VRAM isn't your problem, it's the GPU's processing power itself.

First, what resolution are you running at? 2K is used to describe something like three different resolutions. 1080p, 1440p, or actual 2K (2048x1080).

Assuming 1440p, which is the most common resolution that "2K" is used to represent, you're not going to run well with this GPU. The card's from 2014, back when multi-GPU solutions were at least a mildly usable thing (they're not now).

And it's hard to tell what you mean by not performing OK. It's difficult to compare the subjective description to actual data.

DSzymborski

Titan
The VRAM isn't your problem, it's the GPU's processing power itself.

First, what resolution are you running at? 2K is used to describe something like three different resolutions. 1080p, 1440p, or actual 2K (2048x1080).

Assuming 1440p, which is the most common resolution that "2K" is used to represent, you're not going to run well with this GPU. The card's from 2014, back when multi-GPU solutions were at least a mildly usable thing (they're not now).

And it's hard to tell what you mean by not performing OK. It's difficult to compare the subjective description to actual data.

Solution