Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben95

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
hi! this my first time on the forms so if this post is in the wrong place or something let me know. this is my problem:

I have a dual monitor display. one monitor is widescreen and set at 1400x900. the other monitor is an old 17inch set at 1024x768. both monitors are hooked up to a nvidia evga gts450 graphics card. basically, i want to play dirt 3 split screen with a player on each monitor. i've tried making custom resolutions and running the game in window mode but it is always cut off. the game splits the screen horizontally but I have my monitors side by side. any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
If i understand correctly, you want to play split screen with each player having their monitor right? I've done this before, what I did was I set my monitors up in Windows to be on top of each other instead of side-by-side and then you just put the game in windowed mode and drag the bottom down until it goes over to the other monitor and keep stretching it until it looks good on both displays. The menus won't be perfect because of the cut but it's not too bad if you already know your way around the menus.

Xurrion

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
If i understand correctly, you want to play split screen with each player having their monitor right? I've done this before, what I did was I set my monitors up in Windows to be on top of each other instead of side-by-side and then you just put the game in windowed mode and drag the bottom down until it goes over to the other monitor and keep stretching it until it looks good on both displays. The menus won't be perfect because of the cut but it's not too bad if you already know your way around the menus.

Solution

Ben95

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
yes thats just what I want to do! the problem is that when I do that It gets realy distorted. I have created a custom resolution so that the game should fit the two monitors (1024x1536). When I double the vertical res like that I think the game doubles the horizontal too. Thats why it is cut off almost in half! do you know of any way to fix this?

Thanks for responding!

Status
Not open for further replies.