Dirt3 Profile Load Problem

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
When I try to load my profile, I get a message from GFWL that my profile "failed to load."

First of all, I'm not really sure why or how GFWL needs to be involved with the loading of savegame files stored on my machine.......but I digress....

Google has provided no answers for me, other than a lot of other people have also had this problem with Dirt3. This effectively cripples my ability to play the game. My only option to go forward is to start over from scratch and build a new profile (I tried this just to see if it would work, and it has no problem loading the new profile.)

I already tried making a new profile and copying my savegame files to it.....doesn't work.

I'm going to be truly bummed if I've just lost 76 races worth of progress.

Any suggestions / ideas?

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Well....the uninstall / reinstall didn't work. Guess I'm screwed out of my progress. :(

Does anybody have a working Dirt3 profile they wouldn't mind sharing? (.../Documents/MyGames/Dirt3/savegame) :(

I've got one,
But I'm nowhere near in having completed 72 races or so. Just about 30. Is that okay?

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Just to provide an update on this issue, copying and pasting another profile into the savegame folder (ala GRID) does not work.

After hours and hours of searching, I have found no answer to the problem.....only a lot of forum posts from people who have the same issue. This is extremely frustrating.

I've resorted to implementing a hack that lets you save your game progress without having logging into GFWL, but I'm going to have to start over from the beginning.

zohair263

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

when dirt 3 gives you the option to load the profile press the home button on the keyboard and sign in again with your windows live account

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

LOL.....happen to notice the date I posted this thread? ;)

FWIW, signing in to Windows Live isn't the problem. I can sign in just fine.