[SOLVED] Disable Alt+Tab and Ctrl+Alt+Del Functions

Lominator

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2012
I need to disable ALT+Tab and CTRL+ALT+DEL combinations in Windows 10 Pro.

Solutions must NOT include installing Third-Party software. Group Policy and Registry solutions only, please.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I do not think you will find any way to disable native Windows keyboard commands, particularly fundamental ones like program window switching (ALT+TAB) or the invocation of the dialog that allows bringing up Task Manager.

Lominator

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2012
My only question, then... why do I see posts listing that disabling CoolSwitch will disable ALT+TAB?

There are obviously version of Windows where disabling this feature is available. You'd think that it would be available in Pro, since it's used for workstations at many job sites.

Lominator

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2012
Our systems use custom proprietary software that the user needs to be restricted to using.

We don't want to use Kiosk mode, because... well... I can hack that pretty easy and I don't even have a degree. We need to disable Windows functions entirely, because the End User will not know that Windows is even on the device; therefor they will not need Windows functions.

The idea is to remove these functions for the End User account, but keep them available should a service technician need to use them.

Lominator

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2012
Yes.

It's also interesting to have a response voted down because it doesn't tell you what you wanted to hear. Trying to disable fundamental Windows keyboard shortcuts, even if it could be done, is a very bad idea.

Please don't be salty. I provided you with plenty of information pointing to a solution that SHOULD be there, which you proclaimed isn't. YOU are obviously providing inaccurate information; because your response implied that you don't even know the existence of the "CoolSwitch" registry entry.

Don't get salty at me for down-voting a reply that put ZERO effort into finding a solution, when I took the time to point you in the right direction.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
because your response implied that you don't even know the existence of the "CoolSwitch" registry entry.

Which, as has been pointed out very shortly after my own response, no longer works.

You also made no mention of using Windows 10 Enterprise (or Educational) which allows a lot more central control over many things you just can't touch on the other Editions. I am not willing to presume Enterprise or Educational are in use without that being stated, as the vast majority of folks who post on forums such as these are using either Home or Pro.

Lominator

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2012
Which, as has been pointed out very shortly after my own response, no longer works.

You also made no mention of using Windows 10 Enterprise (or Educational) which allows a lot more central control over many things you just can't touch on the other Editions. I am not willing to presume Enterprise or Educational are in use without that being stated, as the vast majority of folks who post on forums such as these are using either Home or Pro.

Just verified: Windows 10 Enterprise (or Education) is not needed for Keyboard filter to work. You simply got to Add / Remove Windows Features, and turn it on in Windows 10 Pro.

Good'ay, mate.