Question Disable Bing AI on MS Edge

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
Is there any ways to disable/turn off the all the bing AI bloatware on MS Edge browser so I can use it without worries? I did looked the flags section but wasn't able to find anything related to this new thing.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Reactions: danny009

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
Got it. Go to Bing.com then go to Settings > More and then Disable from there.

or

Thank you good sir, I will redownload Edge, turn off AI nonsense, keep my firefox browser as default then start using MS Edge, just to annoy Microsoft.

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
It seems I cannot even redownload a package from Microsoft website because it seems they removed download button and instead they using "launch with this" button from my computer. Thing is, Edge Update exe no longer stays in my PC. Oh well! Ha ha

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried scanning PC to see if that fixes it?

right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
have you tried scanning PC to see if that fixes it?

right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Hey man thanks for the info, I did redownloaded that browser from ms store and suddenly a white search box appeared on my desktop, so I uninstalled everything about ms egde. If a software suddenly out of nowhere can place things on to my desktop is a huge red flag. I did removed MS Edge Update exe from my system again and blocked all the web access via firewall. I have no tolerance for such things and honestly I don't care what Microsoft wants, so I downloaded Opera and Vivaldi browsers as a backup and using firefox. Firefox eats too much RAM even with starting youtube page that was why I tried MS edge again but nope, it is Microsoft and Microsoft not going to invade my desktop.

I can confirm I did break the MS Edge on my computer because it no longer connects to the internet and getting web related errors so I'm a happy person once again. I didn't even needed to took ownership of any folder, I just went into C:/Users/Program Files/Microsoft and removed MS Edge files, it was so easy, piece a cake.

Thanks again, your my favourite moderator here for a long time and that USAF guy for SSD matters.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it is Microsoft and Microsoft not going to invade my desktop.
Who made the desktop? Microsoft... they already on your desktop now.

I use Firefox. It does use a lot of ram but I have 32gb so most of the time I don't notice.

I have never liked Edge, i just don't use it and I don't feel need to remove it. Lots things I don't use in Windows but its all related, remove something you don't use and something you do, might stop working.

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
Who made the desktop? Microsoft... they already on your desktop now.

I use Firefox. It does use a lot of ram but I have 32gb so most of the time I don't notice.

I have never liked Edge, i just don't use it and I don't feel need to remove it. Lots things I don't use in Windows but its all related, remove something you don't use and something you do, might stop working.

I believe to test that "everything is okay or not" is to simply reboot the computer. I do know what I removed so I feel good, same goes for regedit as well. There is things I can ignore on my system but a invasive desktop gadget suddenly appears out of nowhere? Nah dude I'm fine without that Edge browser. That's a huge red flag

I use Windows because that is the only OS I know about, not going to pay "Apple tax" and not going to test Linux, Microsoft is evil as bad as Google is. For now I stopped all the auto updates and app updates will use Win10 as long as I can,