Disable integrated gpu vega 8

Anandspark

Honorable
Oct 10, 2014
I have acer nitro 5 laptop.It has ryzen 2500u cpu and rx560x gpu. ryzen has a integrated gpu vega 8.Ram is 8 GB but it shows only 6.90 GB usable.due to integrated vega 8 gpu.How can i disable the vega 8 so that.i can use my full ram capacity? driver version--radeon 17.7
I also want to know if there is possiblity in future that i can combine the power of vega 8 and rx560x.

Solution
Unlikely that you need >7GB anyway.

I'm not 100% certain, but the 1GB of system RAM that's being carved out for the IGP may not even be "solely" dedicated to that purpose either. Aka, it may show that only 7GB system RAM available, but it's entirely possible that if the IGP doesn't need the full 1GB it's allotted, it lets the CPU use the unused portion. A "dynamic" RAM allocation if you will.
Unlikely that you need >7GB anyway.

I'm not 100% certain, but the 1GB of system RAM that's being carved out for the IGP may not even be "solely" dedicated to that purpose either. Aka, it may show that only 7GB system RAM available, but it's entirely possible that if the IGP doesn't need the full 1GB it's allotted, it lets the CPU use the unused portion. A "dynamic" RAM allocation if you will.

Solution