Disable Integrated or dedicated graphic card?

meriwillyn

Prominent
Aug 25, 2018
Hi all I have Lenovo ideapad 320 and after 2 months of use while playing GTA I noticed the battery drains for about half and hour and it heats up a lot.The cooler beneath it (notepad cooler) did not help it when i am only working on the laptop the battery stays for an hour. I also have both Intel HD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GeForce 940 MX so I was told to disable the dedicated so it won't heat a lot is that a good idea or not ? When do I need dedicated and when integrated can someone briefly explain tnx

Solution
it is switched off when not in use so it does not use any power/ does not make any heat at all.

But yes if yo really want you can always disable it(dedicated or integrated graphic card) in devices manager.

Open any folder and paste link:
Control Panel\System and Security\System
on left side click "DEVICE MANAGER"
and in graphic adapters section
right click and press select Disable

ficler1977

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013
By default Windows keeps dedicated graphic switched off until it runs high demanded 3d program(game/ video edit program etc)

You can always swap graphic cards in nvidia control panel and run dedicated graphic even to run google in web browser.

meriwillyn

Prominent
Aug 25, 2018

Yes but my question was I was told to disable the dedicated so it won't heat a lot is that a good idea or not ? When do I need dedicated and when integrated is it okay to disable dedicated and use only integrated ? When and when tnx man

ficler1977

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013
it is switched off when not in use so it does not use any power/ does not make any heat at all.

But yes if yo really want you can always disable it(dedicated or integrated graphic card) in devices manager.

Open any folder and paste link:
Control Panel\System and Security\System
on left side click "DEVICE MANAGER"
and in graphic adapters section
right click and press select Disable

Solution

TRENDING THREADS