Disable LAN, but allow internet

Valentas

Honorable
Oct 11, 2015
How to Disable LAN connection without disabling Internet connection?
in Windows or router
limit in local file sharing network

Solution
What size network are we talking about? Is this a home or business network? What it sounds like to me is that you need a managed switch with VLANs. You could setup the "one PC" so that it can get to the router but to no other devices.

penn919

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
I'm no network guru, but I doubt there's any way to prevent network connectivity via the router. In windows you would set your connection as public. That would prevent your computer from being seen via typical means.

gaborbarla

Distinguished

Not sure if I fully understand your question, but you can have a look at this:
https://www.calstatela.edu/its/services/software/howto/Windows/filesharingwin7.php

You can switch off file sharing etc so others cant see your files on the network. But if you connect to a domain the the domain admins can generally override this. If you dont connect to a domain the windows firewall also helps prevent unwanted connections to your computer from the LAN and from the internet.

Valentas

Honorable
Oct 11, 2015

Looks like what i need, but idk if I can make it it looks so complicated. Maybe i can make it simple way just disable some windows servises on that PC
CUz now i got network, a lot of pc and LAN file sharing. and 1 PC in public in same network how limit that one

kanewolf

Titan
What size network are we talking about? Is this a home or business network? What it sounds like to me is that you need a managed switch with VLANs. You could setup the "one PC" so that it can get to the router but to no other devices.

Solution