disable/remove processor information

Hi,

can anyone tell me how to remove or disable the processor information in the
system properties, general tab under "Computer:"
I need to remove the speed and current speed.
I'm using XP SP1, i use oeminfo.ini an a oeminfo.bmp, that works fine. I
just dont want users to see the processor speeds.

tnx in advance,

Harry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"Harry Niemuller" <hniemuller@deloitte.com> wrote in message news:%23twIMI7XEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> can anyone tell me how to remove or disable the processor information in the
> system properties, general tab under "Computer:"
> I need to remove the speed and current speed.
> I'm using XP SP1, i use oeminfo.ini an a oeminfo.bmp, that works fine. I
> just dont want users to see the processor speeds.
>
> tnx in advance,
>
> Harry

too bad this key is re-created after every reboot.
i was hoping someone knew a gpo setting for this.

regards,

harry