Disable SMART drive failure message

G

Hello,
I've been getting the 'SMART drive imminent failure message' on boot for about 2 years now. Anyway to disable the message? HP Pavilion laptop - Vista. Yes, I've been told - 'gonna fail, save yourself, get a new drive, blah blah blah.' Not an important computer, so I don't care.

Bovon

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
A few days (year or so) late, it may help someone. I also have a HP Compaq M2000, and oldie but serviceable.

S.M.A.R.T system is not in setup (BIOS)

Find the app in: control panel\administrative tools\computer management\services and applications\services

Find "Smart Card" in the services list and open it.

You can then enable, or disable smart software :hello:

Howzy

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
The Smart Card service in Windows has nothing to do with SMART on the hdd. It relates to reading smart cards. It is usually switched off by default anyway. If you don't see SMART in BIOS then you are stuck with the error until you replace your drive or it dies on you. Read the SMART data from your hdd and decide whether the failing attribute, there may be more than one, is likely to cost you important data loss. If you can't interpret the data then you'd better replace your drive. Take a system image first.

lovdeep pahuja

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014

Hii
The best solution of is put windows 8 in other portion of the drive else use that harddisk in other Laptop it will work fine there
I changed that harddisk with my friend laptop Harddisk is running fine in his laptop amd no error is Coming this error is Always Coming in HP laptop if only one sector is damaged or faulty

Kenzo Kia

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
Your suggestion is rubbish and create more serious error.. i suggest you do not act clever in near future...

Nageh_

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015

just go to system32 folder then take ownership off the file DFDWiz.exe after that rename that file to DFDWiz_old.exe
restart your computer .... that's all ... no more bugging !!