Disable synchronization error messages from popping up

when a user logs off, the home drive gets sychronised back to the server. During this process several errors pop up indicating that system.mdw, *.mdb etc. will not be sychronized.

We are aware that this is by design however we are wondering if there is a way to stop the error message from appearing .

First determine if you actually want the home drives to be available
offline, if not, you may disable caching of the share(s) on the share's
properties. On the other hand, offlines files, despite being activated by
default are primarily intended for mobile users, I have found little or no
usefulness for them on a LAN environment, so if this is your case, consider
disabling them either by policy or by users. (look for policies on offline
files under Computer Config/Administrative Templates/Network). If you
really need to use offline files, consider moving those database files to
another folder.
There is also a policy to modify the the types of files that may be made
available offline, I haven´t tried it but this may be your solution.

Hope this helps,
Robert

Roberto Ruiz
Brainbench MVP for WinNT Workstation
http://www.brainbench.com

"Killy" <Killy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when a user logs off, the home drive gets sychronised back to the server.
During this process several errors pop up indicating that system.mdw, *.mdb
etc. will not be sychronized.

> We are aware that this is by design however we are wondering if there is a
way to stop the error message from appearing .

Thanks Roberto. This may go part of the way.. Would you happen to know the policy which will allow to specify file types that shouldn't be available offline?
Or a policy that would simply allow suppression of these synchronization messages?
Regards,
Killy