Question Disabling boot up sound disables speakers on ASUS Zephyrus G15 2021 laptop ?

ralphusmcgee

Commendable
Oct 3, 2019
Hello everyone,

The speakers on my ASUS Zephyrus G15 laptop (Ryzen 9 5900HS, RTX3070 if that helps) have not been working since I got it a little over a month ago. I've re-downloaded all of the drivers, reinstalled Windows, and paged through device manager and the sound properties, and everything looks normal. I emailed ASUS tech support, who said it was probably a hardware issue, which I agreed with, up to now.

Today, I remembered that I once heard the boot up sound, before disabling it immediately through Armoury Crate. I turned that back on through the BIOS, restarted my computer, and lo and behold, I had functioning speakers. To test, I turned it back off, restarted my computer, and my speakers no longer output any sound. Anyone have any ideas on how I can keep the boot up sound off, but still have working speakers?

Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your laptop? As for Armory Crate see if uninstalling that from the OS changes your experience. To add, what version of Windows 10 are you working with?

ralphusmcgee

Commendable
Oct 3, 2019
I've got BIOS version 410, which is the latest. Uninstalling Armory Crate doesn't affect anything, and I am on Windows 10 Home, version 21H1.

ASK THE COMMUNITY