[SOLVED] Disabling G-SYNC makes screen turn black when tabbing out

christofferskr

Reputable
Dec 19, 2019
When I have G-SYNC disabled my screen turns black for like 5 seconds when i tab out. I have adaptive sync on inside my monitor settings, but i dont know how to turn it off. I have a Benq xl2540.

Solution
why would you want to disable G-Sync at all?
But regardless, if your monitor has a built in on/off feature for adaptive sync, then it will be in the monitor OSD settings somewhere.
If it doesn't have said setting in OSD, then it's not managed by the monitor itself in settings and instead relies on the graphics card and control panel to tell it what to do.

And in regards to black flashing when tabbing out of things, that's a bit odd, but if you are tabbing out of full screen applications, then that's why because the desktop isn't being rendered anymore and when you tab out of exclusive full screen it has to switch modes real quick, suspending the game rendering, and then switching over to rendering desktop environment.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
But regardless, if your monitor has a built in on/off feature for adaptive sync, then it will be in the monitor OSD settings somewhere.
If it doesn't have said setting in OSD, then it's not managed by the monitor itself in settings and instead relies on the graphics card and control panel to tell it what to do.

And in regards to black flashing when tabbing out of things, that's a bit odd, but if you are tabbing out of full screen applications, then that's why because the desktop isn't being rendered anymore and when you tab out of exclusive full screen it has to switch modes real quick, suspending the game rendering, and then switching over to rendering desktop environment.

Solution

Mario Italia

Great
Jul 12, 2020
Setting refresh rate to application controlled instead of highest available fixed this for me, but it causes some games to be capped at 60 fps or 66 fps on my 144 hz LCD. Setting it to highest available causes the games to run uncapped but the games lock up with a black screen often when I exit them. It has nothing to do with G-Sync from what I can see, its preferred refresh rate in NV control panel that is the issue.

christofferskr

Reputable
Dec 19, 2019

I managed to fix it. all i did was turn it on and back off. I turned it off to get slightly less input delay