Question Disabling Gear Down Mode causes computer to power down when sleeping?

lumpywiggler

Honorable
May 27, 2013
So I just disabled Gear Down Mode on my RAM in the process of trying to improve performance. I am going to move on to trying to tighten timings, but there's a problem when I turned off GDM. Every time I put my computer to sleep, it is either already powered off by the time I come back to it, or when I click something to wake it up, it turns on for a moment (signified by the RGB lighting up) and then immediately shuts off. Is there an explanation for why this might be doing this with GDM off? I ran a memory test (HCI MemTest) over night last night, and 0 errors were found. Any ideas?

kanewolf

Titan
So I just disabled Gear Down Mode on my RAM in the process of trying to improve performance. I am going to move on to trying to tighten timings, but there's a problem when I turned off GDM. Every time I put my computer to sleep, it is either already powered off by the time I come back to it, or when I click something to wake it up, it turns on for a moment (signified by the RGB lighting up) and then immediately shuts off. Is there an explanation for why this might be doing this with GDM off? I ran a memory test (HCI MemTest) over night last night, and 0 errors were found. Any ideas?
Did you read this article -- https://www.extremetech.com/computi...os-updates-improves-performance-adds-features
This would say that GDM ON may be beneficial ...

Reactions: lumpywiggler

lumpywiggler

Honorable
May 27, 2013
You didn't identify that in your original post which is why I said "may be beneficial" ...
I was just putting the info out there since I forgot to include it in the OP. But what I'm mainly wondering about is why disabling GDM would cause my PC to power off when I put it in sleep mode? No other problems other than that.