[SOLVED] Disabling Integrated Graphics on Dell XPS 15 7590

May 8, 2020
Hey everyone. I have a Dell XPS 15 7590. The laptop comes with integrated graphics (of course) and a dedicated, GTX 1650. The issue I am having is that I cannot find anywhere in my BIOS to disable the integrated graphics. The reason I want to disable the integrated graphics is because whenever I connect 2 external monitors (all at 1080p), my integrated graphics max out, and it causes my presentation software to slow down. I am using ProPresenter 7, and I use one monitor for the audience view, and the other for the stage view. I know that my dedicated card can handle 3 displays at 1080p, I just need someway to make this work. Thanks!

Solution
It is Windows Desktop Manger. Of what I read, this is the process that controlls all of the animations for Windows. I only seem to have this issue whenever I have multiple monitors plugged in.
Is the only time you have multiple monitors plugged it whenever you use propresenter?
It could be that the laptop just can't handle it.
Just to have tried it I would re-install the default drivers from the makers website just in case there is a driver issue.
May 8, 2020
Disabling the integrated will also disable the ports the integrated is connected to.
What you want to do is to tell your app to use the nvidia card exclusively through the igpu outputs.
View: https://youtu.be/_rxFxdvO3fQ?t=209
I understand that, but the issue I'm having is a Windows Process that I cannot seem to switch. It is Windows Desktop Manger. Of what I read, this is the process that controlls all of the animations for Windows. I only seem to have this issue whenever I have multiple monitors plugged in. Like I said, I know my dedicated card could handle it. Could the way that Dell built the laptop force all external monitors to strictly use the integrated graphics?

It is Windows Desktop Manger. Of what I read, this is the process that controlls all of the animations for Windows. I only seem to have this issue whenever I have multiple monitors plugged in.
Is the only time you have multiple monitors plugged it whenever you use propresenter?
It could be that the laptop just can't handle it.
Just to have tried it I would re-install the default drivers from the makers website just in case there is a driver issue.

Solution