Question Disabling Network adapter can stop cheaters see my internet address? (Red Dead Online)

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I know that popular game named Red Dead Redemption 2's online mode Red Dead Online infected with tons of modders and cheaters, literally making peoples game crashed or even making them get banned while actual cheater stays alive with his account safe and sound. Rockstar Support auto replies with copy paste all day long, they just don't care. so I was trying to find my own ways to stop cheaters/modders tracking my internet address in game, they crash my game, but after that can I disable/reenable network adapter built in Windows 10 to make them stop spying my address? Because appearently cheaters even tracking people EVEN WHEN game is closed with this way.

I really do not want to turn off and turn on my modem because it takes so much time reconnect to internet when doing so,

Ralston18

Titan
I would take the view that any game site failing to prevent and otherwise address cheating will not last long.

It is in their best interests to keep their gaming community happy and continuing to play.

This:

"I know that popular game named Red Dead Redemption 2's online mode Red Dead Online infected with tons of modders and cheaters, literally making peoples game crashed or even making them get banned while actual cheater stays alive with his account safe and sound. "

How do you know that?

Remember that there are many things that can cause a system to crash.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, mode, wattage, age, condition.

Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings.

As for IP addresses etc., I recommend the following link:

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-...d public addresses,on the address that's used.

There may be something else going on and, hopefully that something else/problem is fixable on your end.