[SOLVED] Disabling part of the viewport

Feb 12, 2022
So I'm using an old monitor that has a stripe of dead pixels on the bottom as my second display.

DlOuCak.jpeg

I was wondering if it was possible to rule out those pixels completely from the display viewport. So for example if I were to maximize an app, it would only scale until the point where the dead pixels start. Something like the image below.

nQehOIm.jpeg

Thanks in advance!

Solution
What are your system specs inclusing your graphics card make/model?

The relevant control panel (NVIDIA or AMD) would allow resizing of the desktop area and you can also move that triangle in the display and with a little tweaking you might be able to avoid the bottom band of dead pixels.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador

The relevant control panel (NVIDIA or AMD) would allow resizing of the desktop area and you can also move that triangle in the display and with a little tweaking you might be able to avoid the bottom band of dead pixels.

Reactions: currylord
Solution
Feb 12, 2022

Hey, thank you for the response. I'm on 7700K, 16gb 3000mhz and a 750ti.

So I explored the nvidia panel, and with the help of a custom resolution, the triangle adjust position arrows and a bit of trial and error to find the optimal custom resolution wherein it'd be just enough to rule the dead pixels out, and then moved the rest of the display upward accordingly. Appreciate the help!

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Hey, thank you for the response. I'm on 7700K, 16gb 3000mhz and a 750ti.

So I explored the nvidia panel, and with the help of a custom resolution, the triangle adjust position arrows and a bit of trial and error to find the optimal custom resolution wherein it'd be just enough to rule the dead pixels out, and then moved the rest of the display upward accordingly. Appreciate the help!

You're welcome, glad you're happy with the result.

P.S. Here "would allow resizing of the desktop area and you can also move that triangle in the display " I meant rectangle but you resolved the issue and I guess that's moot now.

Feb 12, 2022
You're welcome, glad you're happy with the result.

P.S. Here "would allow resizing of the desktop area and you can also move that triangle in the display " I meant rectangle but you resolved the issue and I guess that's moot now.

It's actually triangles in rectangles haha, so I guess you weren't wrong either way.
nykNECt.png
Thanks again.