Disabling SMT causing pc not to post

Oct 9, 2018
I was playing R6 Siege but I was getting constant crashes, and a solution I found for Ryzen CPUs is to disable simultaneous multithreading. I went to Ryzen Master, disabled multi threading, restarted, and my pc won’t post. Fans are spinning but my HDD light isn’t glowing.

Specs: Ryzen 2400g
GeIL evo 2x4 2133 (oced to 2933)
Corsair CX450
AsRock b350m Hdv
Inland 240gb 2.5 ssd

Solution
I would suggest resetting the BIOS to the defaults. Then if the system boots up, reevaluate the overclock on the RAM. If it is crashing, that is a probable cause.
Jul 31, 2019
I disabled SMT and changed graphics mode to hybrid on my 2400g on a ROG Strix x370-f and my system will no longer POST. Everything was running fine and I only changed this setting because it was mentioned to have better performance in certain games that don't use multithreading. Resting the CMOS did not work. My error LED code is red which means CPU error. Tested pulling the memory out to see if I would get a memory LED code but I do not, the system powers on only briefly before turning off. I am at a loss of what to try next and don't know if I should be starting the RMA process with the mobo or the proc. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
Well I appreciate that it must be frustrating and a bit worrying too seeing your PC unable to boot up after disabling SMT.
It's not actually possible to damage anything by doing what you have done so it will be reversible i.e. getting it working to its previous state.

Resetting the BIOS does work in varying degrees of functionality so please try the following -

• Remove the CMOS battery
  • Short the CLR CMOS jumper with a small screwdriver
  • Wait 1 minute
  • Re-insert the battery
  • Boot your PC

Post back on here to inform us all what happens.

If anything is damaged then it has failed but not by disabling SMT.

Andy

Jul 31, 2019
Thank you so much for your clear response. I was under the impression that removing the battery was enough to reset it but I guess not! I tried everything under the sun when the solution was much simpler. Huge sigh of relief, thanks a bunch.