Disabling startup apps

Benyamin Jeizan

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
how do you add another app to the startup section of the task manager
lets say i would like to disable the news app in the metro without uninstalling it
is there a way to disable it ?

Solution
Press Windows key + R and a dialog box called run will pop up. They type msconfig and press enter another box will pop up go to the startup tab and uncheck the app you don't want to start with windows.

ldewitt

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
Press Windows key + R and a dialog box called run will pop up. They type msconfig and press enter another box will pop up go to the startup tab and uncheck the app you don't want to start with windows.

Solution

Benyamin Jeizan

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

thanks, its a great way to speed up boot time, but i still couldn't figure out which service disables metro apps

ldewitt

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
Should see manufacturer under this it should say something similar to metro apps. BTW you don't need anything in this for your system to boot. Its just add on programs, nothing related to windows functioning properly. I mean obiously If you have Anti Virus you leave that checked ;)

8qdb.png

or do windows key+ R and type services.msc and scroll through that and see if you can find something related to metro apps. When you find it double click it and go to the drop down box and either select manual or disabled.

Benyamin Jeizan

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

thanks, that helped alot

Latest posts