[SOLVED] Disadvantages for not activating Windows 10 latest version?

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Hi again, what's the disadvantages running a non-activated (no pirate, but clicking the "don't have the key" during setup ISO") Can I still get security updates from MS? Windows Update will work properly? It is vital to me get CPU bios system updates from Windows Update, instead of manually downloading. I will not able to customize my desktop wallpaper + customization page disabled and a text on right below corner. Thats it?

as technology grows I noticed Microsoft does not really care about Windows activation anymore or at least not like they used to? I think they more focused on xbox,VR and surface laptops,

Solution
As long as windows 10 been released there wasn't ever a requirement to activate, but you probably knew that.
Pretty much everything will still work out of the box, new hardware elements, motherboard changes, everything.
PS. i'm using an insider edition right now, and that isn't activated either, and it works just fine.

bobalazs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
As long as windows 10 been released there wasn't ever a requirement to activate, but you probably knew that.
Pretty much everything will still work out of the box, new hardware elements, motherboard changes, everything.
PS. i'm using an insider edition right now, and that isn't activated either, and it works just fine.

Solution