Disappear my D: Drive

jomonjohn

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Dear Friends,
I am in a critical situation, please guide me, Actually its happened in my office desktop, I try to install partition magic just to check whether it is working with windows vista or not, because i had an old version, then later I found that My D: drive is vanish from my system, I am using windows-7 in my office PC, all my work related data saved in D: drive only , I don’t have any latest backup. I don’t know what to do, actually I am dealing with lot of Engineering drawings which I saved in partition D:, if somebody can help me, will be a great deal.

Try this
Control panel/administrative tools/computer management/disk management

Can you see it in there (with no letter assigned or with some other letter)? If yes right click on it and click assign new drive letter and paths and let it assign some new free letter. Make sure you don't select to format it.

jomonjohn

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

Dear mosox..,
Actually I did all these steps, I can see only C: drive, d drive is just showing but its not represented by any letter D: I tried already what you mentioned, its giving message that need to update disk management console, even I try to make system restore, nothing workout. By the way thank you for your support.

Please give a list of all your drives and all their letters from My Computer/Device manager.

Then Start/Run type regedit - OK,
go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices

Make a list with all the \DosDevices\[letter]:

Post both lists in here.