If I right click on an icon on the start menu, the whole thing disappears for
a second or two then reappears. I find this frustrating and I'm sure should
not happen. I have also recently tried to run a game that has been loaded for
a long time - and was wroking - and now all I get when I double click the
shortcut is a wait mouse icon for a split second and then nothing - I have
unistalled and reinstalled the game (Colin McCrea Rally 3) but it does the
same thing.

Hi,

MVP Kelly's Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! can help with this, see:

Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"muzymint" <muzymint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I right click on an icon on the start menu, the whole thing disappears
> for
> a second or two then reappears. I find this frustrating and I'm sure
> should
> not happen. I have also recently tried to run a game that has been loaded
> for
> a long time - and was wroking - and now all I get when I double click the
> shortcut is a wait mouse icon for a split second and then nothing - I have
> unistalled and reinstalled the game (Colin McCrea Rally 3) but it does the
> same thing.

Thanks. Have downloaded and tried some options, but get error message
'Run time error '-2147217405 (80041003) Automation error'

Can you help?

Error from what? The code is meaningless without knowing who's error code it is. Com errors (start with 8 and are 8 digits) are all component specific. It probably doesn't matter as only commerce server lists this error and that's an unlikely source for you. It means file not found if it is commerce server. All 8004 errors are specific to that interface and have no general meaning.