[SOLVED] Disappointed with onboard Realtek 1220!

mahanddeem

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Asus Z590-A Prime. Using a cheap logitech headphones (been using these for the last 10 years) and sound quality is much lower than my previous Asus Z270 Maximus IX.
Popping, crackling, noise, etc...
Should I invest in a dedicated sound card? PCI-E? USB?
I game on my system and occasionally record from my accoustic guitar.
What to get?
Thanks

Solution
Asus Z590-A Prime. Using a cheap logitech headphones (been using these for the last 10 years) and sound quality is much lower than my previous Asus Z270 Maximus IX.
What to get?
Thanks

Try another set of headphones and speakers on the system, make sure it's the sound card or jack that is the issue.

popatim

Titan
Have you tried connecting to the rear port and seeing if the issue is still there? What you describe is common with some cases front jacks or from latency.
If the issue goes away on the rear jack then you may have a ground issue in the FP assembly in the case.
If it's still there then run a latency checker like DPC Latency Checker. Latency can be caused my several different things. Sometimes its just a driver issue.
How did windows get on this system? Was it fresh installation or was it moved from another system?

mahanddeem

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Have you tried connecting to the rear port and seeing if the issue is still there? What you describe is common with some cases front jacks or from latency.
If the issue goes away on the rear jack then you may have a ground issue in the FP assembly in the case.
If it's still there then run a latency checker like DPC Latency Checker. Latency can be caused my several different things. Sometimes its just a driver issue.
How did windows get on this system? Was it fresh installation or was it moved from another system?
Rear green. Fresh instal of win10. Latest Realtek driver!

What to get?
Thanks

Try another set of headphones and speakers on the system, make sure it's the sound card or jack that is the issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS