Disciples II Gold vs Disciples II and the stand alones...

Can someone tell me what the Gold editions provides that the stand
alones + Disciples II didn't? Are the scenarios and missions
integrated in one package? Also, has the random scenario generator
been upgraded? Can someone tell me what this package adds that was
missing from the other versions?

Thank you for your time...
- Richard Hutnik

magnate

5 add-ons? I have Disciples II (Collector's Edition) plus

Guardians Of The Light
Servants Of The Dark
Rise Of The Elves

.... so you say I'm missing two more add-ons? What are they??

CC

"magnate" <chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<1113301478.637574.120230@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
> 5 add-ons? I have Disciples II (Collector's Edition) plus
>
> Guardians Of The Light
> Servants Of The Dark
> Rise Of The Elves
>
> ... so you say I'm missing two more add-ons? What are they??
>
> CC

In total, there is the following (as far as I know)

Disciples 2 Dark Prophacy (Original)
Disciples 2 Ultimate Edition
D2 : Guardians of Light
D2 : Servant of the Dark
D2 : Rise of the Elves
D2 : Gullivans Revenge

All of these are stand alone. There is also a combo version called
Gullians revenge, which can be activated by having the correct
expantions.

D2 Ultimate has: D2 Guardians of Light, D2 Servant of the Dark, D2
Rise of the Elves

D2 Rise of the Elves has: Disciples 2 Dark Prophacy and D2 Rise of the
Elves

D2 Gardians of Light has: D2 Dark Prophacy good campaigns and D2
Gardians of Light

D2 Servant of the dark has: D2 Dark Prophacy evil campaigns and D2
Servant of dark.

D2 Gullivans Revenge = D2 Servant of dark + Guardians of Light.

Lost? So was I. check out a rant I made about it on

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=b0a4a0e1.0406161011.5cce409a%40posting.google.com

Shortly after my rant, about how easy Galciv was on Stardock and what
D2 should learn, I find that D2 Ultimate edition came out on Stardock
:)

Answer = Get D2 Ultimate edition. It has the lot.

In article <1113277698.722190.102380@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
richardhutnik@hotmail.com says...
> Can someone tell me what the Gold editions provides that the stand
> alones + Disciples II didn't? Are the scenarios and missions
> integrated in one package? Also, has the random scenario generator
> been upgraded? Can someone tell me what this package adds that was
> missing from the other versions?
>
> Thank you for your time...
> - Richard Hutnik

I got mine from Totalgaming Net, and the download is called Disciples II
Gold - it contanis ALL the addons, so you can play as any one of the
original 4 races plus you get the elvish campaign.
It's much cheaper to get it that way (gold), then to get the original
game plus 5 addons, even second hand :). Other than that, no extras
a.f.a.i.k.

Both the game and the editor have recently been patched, since Stardock
Central is offering to download the patch (game as well as editor).
Can't comment on the editor since I haven't used it, but the game
provided hours and hours and hours of fun.

-Peter

In article <1113301478.637574.120230@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk says...
> 5 add-ons? I have Disciples II (Collector's Edition) plus
>
> Guardians Of The Light
> Servants Of The Dark
> Rise Of The Elves
>
> ... so you say I'm missing two more add-ons? What are they??
>
> CC

Whoops, I meant addon campaigns. Sorry if I was a bit unclear, as I
said I downloaded everything in one chunk, so I wasn't entirely sure
what was in which box until I checked. (quick google). So you get Empire
and Mountain Clans [addons] in 'Guardians of the Light', Hordes and
Legions in 'Servants of the Dark' and Elves in the last one, right?!?

-P.