Discolorations on images w/ GF2 MX

mpjesse

Splendid
I have my GeForce 2 MX card OC'd to 200mhz (core) and 180mhz (memory). This sucker is super cooled. I have a blue orb on the GPU and 4 memory heatsinks (w/ thermal grease) and a Pentium fan on the heatsinks. The heatsinks are huge. Anyways, the problem is I have discolorations on some images and "spots" on textures. They're usually a bright pink, blue, or green. I know it's because i'm Overclocking, but this thing is supercooled. Anyone have any ideas on how i can remove the discolorations? Besides going back to the normal clock speeds?

-MP Jesse

PS, it doesn't lock up.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Your going to turn down the speed a tad until these discolorations disapear. Although heat disapation is very important in overclocking, it is not the only issue to consider. Sometimes your card (usually the memory) just wont take the mhz. what overclocking utility are you using?

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

mpjesse

Splendid
Yeah, that's what i figured. I was hoping someone had a different idea. I'm using Nvidia's overclocking utility (the registry edit). Also, i don't have a great card (in terms of performace). It's an E-VGA (brand). The memory on it is probably cheap. thanks.

-MP Jesse

G

Mpjesse,
My eVGA GF2MX has 5.5ns Samsung memory and it's completely stable @210MHz. Looks like your card has one of those slower ram (7ns).

mpjesse

Splendid
Damn!!! I can't get the thing to run over 200mhz either. Stinking slow RAM. When did you buy yours? I bought mine the week it came out- probably why it has slow RAM. Oh well. That GeForce 2 Ultra is looking nice right about now... hehe <evil grin>

-MP Jesse
"DOWN WITH COMPAQ and 7NS RAM!!!"

G

Well, at first, they sent me the 7ns card too but they let me exchange for this one because they DID advetize that the card has 6ns memory oh higher. Where did you buy your card from and did you try to contact them for an exchange? I bought mine from eVGA.com, by the way.