Question Disconnect Sound & Game Crash Certain Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2022
Hello.

I have been having crashing issues on certain games for over a year now. I have searched high and low for solutions to no avail. I'm hoping I can get some more tailored information by starting my on thread here.

This has been an issue for me on not one, but two sperate PCs. I'll list the games I have no issues with before listing the broken ones.

Broken games will play for roughly 2 minutes and the black screen and crash to desktop.

No Issues: FS2020, RDR2, Forza 5, Farming Sim 2020 ( slight fps lag at startup but smooths out).

Issues: Snowrunner, American Truck Sim, Rocket league.

I have many many times reinstalled my GPU drivers, I wiped and clean installed windows 10, also reinstalled the problematic games. Still crashing.

On the most recent reinstall which I move to my SATA SSD I was able to play ATS for a full day no crashes. That's the longest I've ever played it.

Rocket League crash instantly before getting to menu sometimes, other times halfway through match or after a few matches. ATS and Snowrunner crash after 2-3 mins of driving but not if sitting still.

CPU and GPU are freshly pasted, no temp issues, during games I'm not exceeding 90% on GPU, & 70 % CPU, 30% ram. Temps are not high.

My Setup:

PSU: EVGA 700 BR

Board: ASUS P8Z77-V LK

CPU: I7-3770 (non k with Z board, I know)

Ram: A Tech DDR3L 32gb ( previously PNY 16gb, same problems)

GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC

SSD: PNY SATA 256gb

HDDs: Seagate 2tb, WD 4TB

Screens: LG 32LD450 TV (dvi-d to HDMI), Dell ST2421L Monitor (HDMI to HDMI), Sony SDM HS75P (dvi-d to HDMI to dvi-d)

Inputs: ONN RGB Mechanical keyboard, Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 700 model 1060, HP Wireless Mouse 200 model G3K

If there's any more information I can give please let me know. Would really appreciate the help in getting this solved, desperately. Thank You!

Jul 28, 2022
So I went through that list and followed all the step. I believe reinstalling VC redist 2015-2019 might have helped.

I was able to play snowrunner for about 1 hour, then the amount of time dwindled down back to about 10 mins at a time.

Started receiving error "EOSSDK Win64 Shipping.dll". Perhaps you are familiar with that one?

I might also add to my original post, OS: Windows 10, BIOS is up to date.

Appreciate your help!

Jul 28, 2022
Update. Reinstalled the .dll which gave me the ability to play for about an hour. It then crashed again and went back to 10 mins at a time of play.

I now get the message to send a crash dump.

Tested ATS, it crashed before I could even get the truck all the way up to speed.

Have not tested Rocket league, have yet to download it.

Not temp related, I run task manger on a screen 24/7 to monitor things, GPU never above 72c. Brand new CPU fan.

Any suggestions please? Hate paying hundreds of dollars for a PC that only plays 2 games.

Jul 28, 2022
Update. Got roughly 24 hours of gaming time on snowrunner and an hour plus on ATS this weekend.
I cant say I know what caused it but I did turn off V Sync in both games.

I crashed yesterday again and now I once again get about 10 mins at a time. Feels like I purchased demos, you start to enjoy the game then it takes it away.

I tried restarting the PC, adjusting power settings and increasing the HDD timeout to 60 mins. I have once again verified integrity of the game files.

I'll keep posting here until I figure it out.

Gonna keep learning and hope to solve this.

There's no way I'm gonna gamble my money AGAIN on new PC to find out it happens on it to.

The GPU and PSU are the only things remaining from my original PC. Maybe I'll try a GPU upgrade next but I swear it has to be a software issue because this GPU runs way more intensive games perfectly.

I also cannot narrow it down to a specific game app as, ATS is the only steam game that crashes, Snowrunner is the only XBOX app game that crashes, and Rocket league is the only Epic game that crashes.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022
Howdy. I would like to cross post this because I can't seem to get any help in the PC Gaming section. Been chasing this problem for year now on 2 sperate systems.

Any help would be so much appreciated!

My Thread in PC Gaming Section

Would like to add to that thread that last night I downloaded the Display Driver Uninstaller and uninstalled the display driver then reinstalled according to the instructions. It did not improve anything.

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
My Setup:

PSU: EVGA 700 BR
Board: ASUS P8Z77-V LK
CPU: I7-3770 (non k with Z board, I know)
Ram: A Tech DDR3L 32gb ( previously PNY 16gb, same problems)
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC
SSD: PNY SATA 256gb
HDDs: Seagate 2tb, WD 4TB
Screens: LG 32LD450 TV (dvi-d to HDMI), Dell ST2421L Monitor (HDMI to HDMI), Sony SDM HS75P (dvi-d to HDMI to dvi-d)
Inputs: ONN RGB Mechanical keyboard, Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 700 model 1060, HP Wireless Mouse 200 model G3K
How old is the PSU in your build?

Where did you source the installer for your OS? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? To be blunt, you're working with a platform that's about a decade old, it's possible that one or more parts are failing/or one their way out.

I have been having crashing issues on certain games
Please define what you mean by crash.

You might want to keep it to one thread unless you want the community to end up with spaghetti brains + please be patient for answers from the community,

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022

Where did you source the installer for your OS? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? To be blunt, you're working with a platform that's about a decade old, it's possible that one or more parts are failing/or one their way out.

You might want to keep it to one thread unless you want the community to end up with spaghetti brains + please be patient for answers from the community,

I bought the PSU at best buy

I bought the PSU from best buy about a year ago.

I got my windows installer from a link on the official Microsoft/windows forums a couple weeks ago, Id have look it up.

BIOS version was updated a couple months back from the ASUS website, I can recheck if there is any new ones but the most recent one at the time was already old.

By crashing I mean, the screen will turn to a solid color ( black, brown, grey, blue, etc) and then show the desktop. On SR it will show a crash report dialog, on ATS it just goes to desktop, same with RL.
Then the game icon on the taskbar will disappear after a few seconds and it will disappear from the task manager processes.

I understand its an old system, it was originally a dell prebuilt i5-23xx that I attempted a i7-3770 swap, wrong chipset, decided to finish the build. This is what I have now.

It runs FS2020 and Forza 5 at 1080p amazing so that pleased me enough. Even RDR2 with the graphics around medium and the FPS locked at 30, no problems.
After awhile though only having a couple games to choose from just bums me out.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022
SOLVED! After dozens of rewording my searches and sleepless nights I've found the issue through a 10 year old thread on this forum.

After I downloaded MSI after burner and underclocked the GPU (it was at a stock clock), the programs now run fine. I crated a preset profile for the problematic games and can switch to it when I play them. I have tested the for several days and they only crashed when I forgot to change the preset.

I'll consider it SOLVED for now. Will report back should I the issues reappear.

Hopefully this helps anyone that may need it. Thanks for everyones patience

Status
Not open for further replies.